Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I found this in my journal this morning:


I only expected a whisper
So I'll admit - I was surprised by the sound
The flash, the pounding, the echoes.
"Come with me," she said. "I remember this place."
I turned to pack my things.
She frowned, then, and simply said
"Now, dear, there isn't time."

('And, even if, you'll want to know -- There's nothing you could bring that would make a difference')
I bit my lip and closed my eyes.
Liberty, for the man so imprisoned, resists acceptance.

I shook my head and smiled at her
Then closed the door behind.
A single tear, she didn't see, a sign for who remained.
She was right, of course, and anyhow
What could I have told them?
They'd have to find their own way.

She took my arm and held my gaze, and nodded,
as if to say
She knew how hard it might have been.
I'm just glad I didn't stay.
I know what would have been, and,
frankly speaking.
I'm just not interested any more.

END

1 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger MayFlyAway said...

    Ton esprit est merveilleux mon cher, ton âme je trouve inquiet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home