Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A first person entry.

Emotionally, lately I have found great comfort -- geniune "joie de vivre," not merely a band-aid for the admittedly blue sentiments I'd also been feeling. The best sort of philosophical school this fits into is proably something a little Daoist; but as I considered not only the world for myself, but the actions of those within it, I find it difficult to remain peaceful, calm, and happy.

I have an intense intolerance for intolerance.

I find myself not only angered by, but completely at odds to conceive what prompts many people's thought processes.

An example: You say "I have found a way of life which, while different than your own, makes me happy and satisfied."

I cannot understand saying anything other than "Congratulations," and, perhaps, asking for an explanation if it were a lifestyle foreign to me.

But to know that there are some who will say, rather than words of congratulations, that you are in fact: "part of a new ideology of evil," and describe your lifestyle as offensive to society, "perhaps more insidious and hidden ... against the family and against man."

How would that make you feel?

The quotes I've just referenced are from none other than the Pope.

I am at a loss for further words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home