Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I have this aversion to computers that doesn't make any sense.

Now, I'm not a luddite, and I have plenty of warm fuzzy feelings for the internet, but I can't manage to spend more than fifteen minutes reading or typing any one thing in front of a computer without going completely nucking futz.

I write hundreds of pages of journals, in longhand, with a fountain pen, read a lots of books, and often contemplate posting things like reviews, ideas, and everything else, but somehow the effort it takes to key that shit in is more than I can inject into my leaden fingers.

Reading an entire book on ink-stained leaf pulp is easier for YHN* than reading a short article or interview on a screen. Maybe it's the lack of large leather chairs and cups of tea in my hand.

So, I was about to do a little review on "Candy Girl," but I think it will wait. My reading list over the past few weeks, which I am too lazy to even Amazon link to:

"Candy Girl." Diablo Cody.
"Timequake." Kurt Vonnegut.
"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress." Robert Heinlein
"Glory Road." Heinlein
"Lance Armstrong's War." Daniel Coyle
"Franny and Zooey." Salinger (again.)
"Theory of the Leisure Class." Thorstein Veblen

One or two others, but that's off the top of my head. Exeunt.


* Your Humble Narrator, since you asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home