Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Microwaves and Shark Noises

Another quirk about the world I've discovered recently: Microwaves are bizarre inventions.

I mean, for the most ubiquitous item in the modern kitchen, you think there'd be some consistency with how the suckers work.

If you want to cook something for a minute, what time do you key in? Me, I punch 6-0. Then I noticed someone else punch 1-0-0, to the same result. Okay, so I tried 9-0, and got 1 minute, 30 seconds. 9-9 is 1 minute, 39 seconds, but 1-0-0 is a minute. Say what?

---

I had a dream involving getting into a fight with a shark the other day. It was a smallish, freshwater shark, maybe four feet long, and I was standing in a shallow stream. At one point, I pulled the shark out of the water to do some kind of WWF move on it, or something, and the shark opened its jaws and ...

Cut!

The shark ... screamed? Screeched? Hissed? The dream absolutely could not decide what noise a shark ought to make.

Can a shark make a noise? I don't think it has vocal chords, or anything.

I think it was about ready to have it shriek / growl like the "velociraptors" in Jurrasic Park, but then thought better of it.

This thing was confusing enough to the dream that it gave up and ended.

I never got to finish that wrestlemania move.


1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger ryan said...

    "but 1-0-0 is a minute. Say what?"

    You just broke my mind. Congratulations. Suddenly the blogger collapses...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home