Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Does your iPod do this?

I have a 2-year old iPod, the kind with the "touchwheel," not the "clickwheel." It has a weird quirk that's been driving me crazy mostly because for the longest time I was relatively certain I was imagining it.

When you select the song you want to play, most of the time, it plays it as asked.

Roughly ten per cent of the time, (slightly more often when the iPod has just powered on), however, there is a pause of perhaps one quarter of a second, and then, instead of the song I selected, the song immediately following it is played.

What's up with that?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM , Blogger ryan said...

    Dude, that's becuase it is an antique.

    But even when mine was new, I remember it doing that fairly often.

    I got it out the other day to look at (it's been broken for about a year) and I was shocked to the point of laughter when I realized what a brick it is compared to my nano. Granted, it held 40 gb, but it's really heavy.

    Subdermal iPod will be the best. Unless you get full-blown LEAPS. But I hear only gay computers can get that.

     
  • At 9:00 AM , Blogger Argentius said...

    Yeah, it's heavy compared to Nanos, and the battery life isn't nearly equivalent, either.

    I definitely lusted after one of those, but I can't really justify the price as my antique piece from the 2003 era continues to function.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home