Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I am immortal:

Duncan MacLeod of the clan MacLeod, not quite, but maybe someday.

Today is Sunday.

On Friday, I was hit by a car. I'm still pretty angry about that, incidentally.

Yesterday, when I woke up, my first, half-asleep thought was : "Ugh, I feel like I got run over by a truck."

I looked at the bed beside me and tried to recall the evening before, to make sure I hadn't done anything rash. Then I remembered that it wasn't a truck, just a Nissan. Crap.

The crash was pretty scary. That was the first time I've ever had a sudden collision with a solid object. I'm riding straight ahead at about thirty-five k an hour, when a minivan turns left directly in front of me. He makes it, though it wasn't a safe turn, but the silver Nissan behind him didn't even stop to look. She turned straight INTO me.

My bike slammed into the car, the front wheel crumpled, and I flew up into the air, slammed onto the hood of the car, and rolled several times on the asphalt. I yelled as I was crashing, mostly from anger. As I was heading towards the pavement, in the split second I thought "shit, my whole season is about to come to an end."

I rolled across the asphalt three times, caught myself on the kerb, looked at my legs a bit apprehensively. I was pretty impressed: they were still there, and pointing in the right direction.

I stood up, memorized the plate number of the car speeding away from me, and sat back down.

Yesterday, everything was stiff and sore; a few bruises and bumps appeared.

Today, the bruises and cuts are smaller, my hip and leg are less swollen.

Tomorrow, I'll train again.

I can't help but laughing, (though I do it through clenched teeth of pissed-off righteous fury).

I just got run over by a car, and I was out of action for about two days.

I am immortal.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger ryan said...

    I call getting to be Methos!

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Caloi-Rider said...

    Holy crack! You got hit n' runned! What a freak! Who would nail you head-on and then drive away like that?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home