Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Today, I did a pretty awesome Ivan Basso impression in the hills around Black Diamond today.

No, not the Basso who dropped everyone except a certain Lance Armstrong on the roads of France these past two years. That guy is far too fast for me.

Today I copied the version of Basso in Stage 14 of the Giro D’Italia, in which Basso was sick to his stomach and had to pull over to the side of the road and vomit before continuing the stage. That Ivan Basso.



Oh, well. In the Giro, Basso famously refused to quit, coming back to win two stages as he recovered from his illness. Let see if I can make that work, hmm?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM , Blogger ryan said...

    Passed some street-person on my way home tonight, he said to me in perfect english, but with a ludicrously Mexican accent (like he ought to be wearing a poncho and smoking a cigarillo while leaning on a building and being played by a white actor whose acting barely passes for racist caricature) " 'Ey Mein, jou goeeng clam-DIG-ging?"

    I said I was. I think he was referring to my jeans being cuffed, but even if it was just a random comment I couldn't help but thinking I had just met the perfect nemesis of the cia/mexican/italian-hating guy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home