Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Look, I've got a lot on my mind.

Too much to spend a lot of time blogging.

Let me just start with my pet peeve of the day: Fractional cents.

Some people don't seem to understand that $0.50 means fifty cents.

How many local businesses do you see sporting signs like "such and such a product: .50 cents?"

I'm tempted to try to snag two of them for a penny.

Listen, folks, half pennies went out a long time ago. I'm frankly suprised to find that Great Britain minted them as late as 1965.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger ryan said...

    Haypennies make a little more sense when you figure that we have pennies still and their money is worth twice as much. Granted this hasn't always been the case, but in 1965, even American pennies could get you decent candy.

    I wouldn't be surprised if haypennies could have been utilized to obtain the Superman III effect. Probably the same reason we still use them in the US.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home