Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Stuff I do like:

I've got a lot of pet peeves of the day, as it were, and plenty of them for today,.

However, as it was a perfectly pleasant sunny friday, I'd like to briefly describe some of the things that I do like. No, it ain't going in a bulleted list.

Kashi Go Lean Crunch!: Despite my usual objection to punctuation marks in titles, this is the best stuff ever. With soy milk, it could just be my ambrosia. The more hardcore among us, like Ryan, Eben, and Holly, go in for the standard golean cereal, which has no punctuation mark and less sweetness. But it's still pretty crunchy.

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Full review to follow, but this is a sweet book. Also, Ryan, in searching for some information on this book, I found a link to a class that the UC Santa Barbara taught on hypertextual fiction, with House of Leaves

Scones. Scones are great. No, those things that they serve at Starfuckers aren't scones, but they'll do in a pinch.

Cascadian Late Spring Weather: cloudy in the morning so I don't wake up to glaring, stuffy death, clearing to an upper-sixties day. In cycling terms, this means shorts-and-jersey, pack the arm and knee warmers just in case type weather.

Manual Transmissions: Cascadia, to speak nothing of the current form of the United States, is big enough that you'll need to ride in a car at least much of the time. That's fine, but it's got to be a stick. Automatics are for losers. I can rant about them later, but for the moment, I simply must point out that they're good.

I'm not going to get all weak-kneed about other Things I Like, such as Good Poetry, Midnight Wandering, and ... no, no, stop that! And no singing!



Be seeing you.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Al Maviva said...

    I've been eating the Kashi "good friends" cereal recently. It's kind of like a chimney brush for your guts. I may try the GoLean. Hopefully it is easier on the innards than "Good Friends" which is billed as a "fiber lovers' cereal." I guess it is, if by "love" you mean "love 'em and leave 'em..."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home