Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

How not to win business:

A small e-tailer carries a line of cycling gear I want to buy. It's quite good prices on high-end stuff that typically has a high markup at a retail outlet -- typical benifits of free information online thing. However, they don't list the size I need. I ask: "I need Brand A's product in small; do you have that?"

They reply: "No, but we have (slightly higher-end) brand B at this $gooddeal in small."

I respond, "What is their sizing like? I have 2 different models of brand A in small, and they both fit great, but Brand X's sizing wasn't good for me. I'm 182cm, 63kg, measurement, measurement."

E-tailer: "You're too tall for either brand; you need a medium."

---

Either you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't believe me that the one I have fits great, or you're not paying any attention. None is a good sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home