Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pet Peeve of the Day:

I have a few, but the first one that comes to mind is really, really simple: peppermint. Who likes this stuff? Does ANYONE really want it? I'm not a huge fan of any mint, but when I do need to freshen the old breath up, what's the point of peppermint when spearmint and wintergreen (whatever that is) are readily available? I've never known anyone who takes the red stripey kind over the green stripey kind.

And, also, the Award of the Day goes to none other than Bill Gates. I will readily admit this: I was wrong about you, Bill. As an apple convert, I was pretty anti-Microsoft for a long time, and still dislike a lot of their software products. What's more, back in high school, I thought Gates was a greedy bastard who was only interested in bettering himself and showing that he was the man. When he married supermodel
Melinda, I thought, of course, that's what billionaires do.

But the Bill and Melinda foundation is about the greatest organization the world has to offer. While the US government is doing -- whatever it does -- B&M, now with a lot of Warren Buffet's assets, too, is the driving force in curing a lot of the world's worst diseases. Who else in the western world gives a crap about malaria?

I have never been so happy to have egg on my face.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger allons-y said...

    egg on your face?

    i really like the if you need to ask if you need a 27......line, has that always been there?

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Argentius said...

    "Egg on your face" means "to be embarassed or shown up."

    The sub-title line changes from time to time. Someone on RBR said that, and I liked it a lot, too.

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Anonymous lemonlime said...

    Good on your for owning up to the Gates mistake. I'm not a MS fan either, though I use it, but I'm diggin' the way he's giving a whole bunch of money away for good use.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home