Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sleep time, anytime.

Lately, I've been keeping a pretty odd schedule. I work nights, sometimes, and days sometimes, and I train in that 6 hour window that it's actually light out and not frosty. Somehow, I'm not collapsing completely with fatigue, and I attribute this mostly to my most impressive superpower: sleeping. I can sleep basically wherever, anywhere, so long as I am not actively immersed in cold water.

I've learned that other people can't do this. That sucks. How do you make life work when you don't just laugh seeing those sleeping-pill commercials?

I'll get home from work, sleep for 4 hours, get up, ride my bike, come home, sleep for 3 more hours, and then go to work. Yes, of course, there is eating and showering and stuff in there too, kiddos. Of course, this has its disadvantages. If somehow I do NOT take a nap after my ride, somehow I will find myself about to take a nap regardless of where I am. Class, or anywhere else sitting still, is the second-worst of it, second only to being in a moving vehicle. THANKFULLY, if someone has conscripted me into driving, I'm no so affected, but if I am a passenger in a car for more than 30 minutes, I guarantee you I will not be awake. Even if it's light out. ESPECIALLY if it's light out.

Blondie complains sometimes that I nap too much. That's okay, she's by far the cutest sunday paper cartoon lady out there.

---
I don't know if the "New Blogger," nee "beta," has this fixed, but it's kind of annoying that I can't even do a search on my own weblog, short of clicking on every month worth of archives. How can I know if I have ALREADY whined about something or not?

And, did you realize I have been ranting on here for two YEARS now? Wow. I feel old.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger stokediam said...

    Just wait, kiddo. Yer gonna feel older still! And it has nothing to do with blogging--although climbing in the big ring does have long-term side effects.

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger Argentius said...

    Sure it does -- like getting faster!

    At least, that's the idea...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home