Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not about cycling post!

Pet Peeve of the Day: No sentence for you! -- Did your mother ever tell you to "use your words?" Some people haven't learned to use very many of them. I do merchandising and stocking at a small grocery store, which isn't very exciting, but far less exciting is cashiering. Occasionally I fill in to do that, and I hate it when people can't be bothered to do anything other than declare the name of an item. Almost invariably, this is cigarettes. "Killomatic full flavor 100's." I am just supposed to infer by this that you'd like me to sell you some. Granted, you're being efficient, but still, how much time and energy does it take to say "Could I please have," as others seem to be able to manage. For that matter, "I'd like..." or even "give me..." are just fine.

One noun, though, is not an acceptable sentence.

Politics: The 44th President of the United States will be Rudolph William Louis Giuliani III.

I'm not pleding my support for the man, mind you, nor for any candidate at the moment. I'm simply saying that he's the only electable person running.

Sure, I'll take bets. You can have the field. ten dollars at 1:1, or something more interesting.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM , Blogger josh said...

    being a gov major and as someone who other than bike racing/training this summer will be interning 3 afternoons a week for a presidential campaign, i'll bet with you against rudy. regardless of your party politics, or how much of a new yorker you are...he doesnt have what it takes. enough of that stuff tho

    i heard you were feeling a bit sick, get better so you can go tear some legs.

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    CYCA = Coach You Can Afford

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger giantcu92 said...

    Rudy? If he wins the republican primary, the religious conservatives won't show up to vote, and he will be doomed. Anyway, aside from that, the nation will be worn out from Bush, and won't want another republican in the White House for another 4 years. Just about any republican is going to lose, and if it's Rudy, he's going to lose bad...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home