Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Sleep is part of this balanced breakfast. It does a body good. Better get your whole grain. Better eat your wheaties.

I'm exhausted. Completely knackered, even.

I saddled up at about noon today. Though there were a few stops along the way, I got back at 6:30.

I had never known this type of exhaustion until I started combining working graveyard shifts with riding three to six hours immediately thereafter. Lack of sleep makes me tired. Riding my bike a long way makes me fatigued. The comination of the two is a strange, through-and-through weariness that I've never known.

It made me realize, for one thing, how much I fidget: when I go to bed, when I am eating breakfast, when I am blogging, I am also constantly doing SOMETHING else, in the middle of three things at once, tapping my fingers, something. This type of -- quick, what's another synonym for exhausted? -- falling over tired is consuming. I do nothing else. I sit, I lie, I sleep. That is all.

There's a peace in that simplicity that is also new. Bed never felt SO good.

Goodnight, then.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger giantcu92 said...

    Too much my friend. If you're that exhausted, you're riding and or working too much. Seriously. Need to take it down a few notches, as the burn out will come soon. Trust me on this one. You, at this point in time, don't need this many hours on the bike. More intensity possibly. Just my 2 cents.

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger K-Man said...

    That's why you're so frickin thin! fidgeting all the time! Yeah- Giantcu is totally right. I haven't ridden since last Sunday and only taught spin class twice this week. I was feeling really tired but I'm feeling much better now.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger josh said...

    go to bed.

    i was sick (see blog post) and i slept, well lets see, i went to bed at 830 last night and woke up after 1230. I feel pretty much 95% better now

    so get some darn sleep

    good luck this weekend too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home