Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Less, More, Half of What?
---
Here to stay? 1 USD = .995 CAD.
For that matter, 1 EUR = 1.42 USD.
---
In unrelated news, for those cyclists looking to conserve those USD, less and less valuable though they may be: I suggest having a look at the Grocery Outlet in your neighborhood. Though, don't go to their website if you don't want to be assaulted by psychadelic rainbows.

Though Powerbars kind of suck compared to Clif bars, they had a bunch at the G.O. near me for $6 / case. They even had the Power Gels for like $7 / case. That's a pretty good deal. Of course, you could be one of those old curmudgeons who refuses to eat any fancy-tech bike food, but gels (Or, Shot Bloks, which rule, even if they are a bit of a pain to eat) are great for races and other high-intensity stuff. My picky stomach can't really tolerate solid foods on rides harder than noodling, so, I chomp down on 'em.
---

Speaking of food, I noticed at the grocery store they now sell Fat-Free Half and Half. Okay okay, hang on a second. Isn't it called that because it is, um, half milk, and half cream? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't cream composed essentially entirely of milk fat?

So, if it's fat-free Half and Half, and half is milk, what's the other half?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger STOKED I AM said...

    Why do you ask questions that you don't REALLY want to know the answers to? Fat-free fat products are like sugar-free sweet stuff. Just put 'em back on the shelf....

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Blogger Andrew said...

    >>And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't cream composed essentially entirely of milk fat?>>

    Well, it's not butter, right?
    So water + fat + lil' bitta protein + a smaller bitta other...

    I'm guessing that the fat-free half and half is skim milk + coagulants + emulsifiers. Yech!

    All this said, I think that coke zero is pretty good. :)

    andy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home