Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Monday, October 01, 2007

A Request: I strongly recall one particular Mexican economist talking to me about the harmful consequences of MNC's use of FDI in emerging markets to support agriculture that would be harmful in the host nation. Among the examples provided were cattle and ground-nuts (e.g., peanuts). My notes from this conversation are somewhere buried. Can anyone link me to or provide me with a decent article about this?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger P-Dog said...

    need a little more info.... do you know were the economist worked? And it sounds like it is related to the studies of the impact of NGOs that were promoting "improved" agricultural tech and ended up damaging the economies of Africa.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home