Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Apparently, I am either supposed to write more, or, less about cycling. Take, you know, your pick.

So I took a look at my last dozen posts, and just over half are related to bike riding, at some level. But, like, my pictures of the rainy flooded ride don't realy have much to do with bikes.

Whatev.

This is why originally, when I started cycling, I created a seperate blog that's now mothballed, to talk about all of my presumably boring pedalling.


Then, I got the idea that I could have some kind of blog fusion, because no one wants to read just about my boring life, either. I tried, then, to create some kinda balance with it all, where cyclists would go "here's this other thing, this is not about bikes, but it is neat," and noncyclists would think, "hey, here is this bike thing, this is sorta interesting."

Well, I guess we'll see.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger STOKED I AM said...

    Blog fusion is better cuz it's holistic. And, really, how do you compartmentalize parts of your life--they're all interrelated. I work in my garden to eat/cook, I eat to race my bike, and I make hats in between bike races. And besides, blogs that are ONLY about bikes or ONLY about knitting usually make me think "this person needs to get a life!"

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Blogger Argentius said...

    There are blogs just about knitting? Woah.

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger STOKED I AM said...

    Probably more than there are just about cycling. And in case you think there's nothing brutally competitive about knitting, check out this WSJ story:
    http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119766934184930123.html
    (thanks Tom!)

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Cruzer2424 said...

    didn't I leave you some kind of novel forever ago about how i liked your balance between NNC and NC stuff?

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Old as dirt said...

    So, How was your Sunday ride?
    We started in dry...ish conditions, but it got wetter when we had gone as far as we were going,Monroe.
    Ended up cold and wet just like yesterday.

    This weather is here because of prople like you complaining that we didn't get a Summer :-)

    Happy Hols, hope you get some time off work.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home