Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

And I Was Joking Before

From the Federal Way Mirror, Saturday 19 January 2008:

"Crime Blotter:

At 9:37 p.m. January 15, officers responded to reports of gunshots fired near 1401 S. 348th St. Witnesses reported seeing a group of males fighting in front of the Starbucks at the time of the gunshots."

Actually, there was only one gunshot. But it was still pretty startling.

It's just like it is on all of the police dramas:

Police Officer: Did you see the shooter?

Yours Truly: Yeah, for a moment, but I didn't get a good look at him.

Officer: What did he look like?

YT: Like I said, I didn't get a good look at him. It was out of the drive-through window, just for a moment.

Officer: Was he young, old, fat, anything?

YT: Younger. Um, pretty slender. Besides that all I saw was a guy in a dark hooded sweater and jeans.

Officer: Did you see the gun? Do you know what kind it was?

YT: I saw smoke. He had something metal in his hand, he put it in his sweatshirt. That's it.

Officer: Well, what kind of car did he get into?

YT: I had to leave the window to call 911. He was near a small, dark car. A compact.

And so forth.
---

In followup, though, they caught the guy, and got the gun. I might have been called as a witness or something, if it went to trial, but, um, like I said, I didn't really SEE anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home