Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

It's funny, really. The way this thing works is something like the way that many of the apparently simple things I wasn't able to accomplish went: a fairly small bump in the road, but one that I've got to build up a little speed going to get myself over. But I'm right up against it, and somehow I can't sort out how to go backwards enough to then go forward.

Backwards to go forward.

And here we are.

The part some of you might be wondering is echoed in the last anon. reply I got to my previous post: what's up with Yours Truly and the two-wheeled world?

Well, not too much. Have I been training? Yeah, sure. The miles are down a bit, the intensity is up a fair bit, we're well on the road to fitness. The hours have suffered a bit more than I'd like from a busy work schedule, but that's only made me recover more, which shows me just how much base you can build when you throw a few twenty-five hour weeks together.

But racing? No, not yet. Perhaps next weekend. I'll admit that for the moment I don't feel terribly inspired about the whole thing. Some part of me, of course, wanted to just give up the ghost on the whole thing, but I can't do that. I remember back to that time when I was neither student nor bike racer. Plenty of it was good, and one or two dear readers are part of the reason, but to say I was without direction is an understatement. Okay, a big understatement.

There was nothing. Cycling is something. What's more, it's something that turns me from who I was, into more of whom I want to be. For that, it gets a lot of credit.

To sum up:

No team, no money, no racing yet.
Soon enough.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "No team"

    huh?

     
  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger STOKED I AM said...

    We missed you at the Mason Lake world championships on Saturday.

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what happened to 1st rate, or axley? come on dude, this is a blog...

     
  • At 9:29 PM , Anonymous cruzer2424 said...

    second that "no team" comment...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home