Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And the word of the day, ladies and gentlemen, is "Stagflation."

Now, I'm upset about the speculation-fueled oil price rise and its anchor on the economy, for all that it is artificial. However, I'm not too upset that it's making it hurt all the more that the 'States has missed the bus, so to speak. Mass transit, quote-unquote alternative transportation, and other fairly progressive ideas that the rest of the world has gotten on with quite well, finally seem to interest the "average" American, whoever that is.

General Motors, for instance, recently announced that it is shutting down four truck plants, and may either restructure or sell entirely the Hummer brand. Yeah, that's the one whose best-selling model rates its fuel mileage as "N/A." It's sort of crazy to remember that it was two years ago now that I was talking about that.

I guess that motivated this guy, then.

Have you ever tried to sell your car by slapping a "for sale" sign in its window and parking it in a conspicuous area? Now, you can't read the "for sale" sign from this angle, and I really wish the seller had listed the price, but I'm sure that he got tired of paying that $5.11 for diesel.



Crap, what kind of mileage do you think a mining hauler gets?




(p.s. I'm not sure if you can get the scale of this thing from my shot, but zoom in and check out the driver's compartment, compare it to the tires, and you'll get a sense.)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM , Blogger Argentius said...

    yes, I know I named the pic wrong. It's a hauler, not a loader. Loaders put stuff into haulers.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home