Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So, yes, it's official. I put in my letter of resignation at the coffee shop I'd been working at for the past year or so. After all, I thought, why be a wage slave when I can make CEO income from home, working only part-time? At least, that's what the little sign told me. And corrugated plastic signs with spray paint on them don't lie, right?

Actually, as of August 18th, I'll be working for Raleigh America. I've had the pleasure to ride their bicycles for the last two years, and from where I sit it feels like a dream job to be working in and among them daily. Corporate HQ is directly on a bike trail, on which I will ride for about ten out of the fifteen commute miles. I'll have indoor parking for my bike, a locker, and a shower. A desk, business cards, a real living wage.

This is good.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Stoked said...

    Hope it proves to be as good as it sounds!

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Old as dirt said...

    Congrats! from both of us. let's get together sometime.

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger Old as dirt said...

    Unquit? good. You get vacation before starting the new job?

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Origamikid said...

    Good luck man! I've been loosely following your blog for about 1 and a half years and I've been riding a Raleigh super-course for 8 months of that. Does this mean you will be contributing to "Raleigh Commutes"?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home