Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Monday, December 15, 2008

I ran at lunch, for about 45 minutes.




I hate running.





The trail was pretty, though, I liked the feel of the snow on my shoes, and I have spent precious little time in the sun the past few weeks -- and probably will not do until March -- so it was a happy thing to hate.

We get maybe one week per year where it's like this, and every year, people go nuts and stop showing up to work, closing schools, crashing their cars, and generally behaving like a hilly area where it snows one week a year, if that.

I didn't commute on my bike to work, you see. There are three possible roads that I would have to ride on to get to work: Peasley Canyon Rd, Jovita Blvd, and what I believe is 58th but everyone calls the "Col D'Algona" or "Little Italy." All share the qualities of being completely lacking in streetlights, without sidewalks, and with trees covering the road. If there's black ice anywhere, it's going to be there. Good times.

Deep breath.

I MIGHT try Jovita tomorrow. I just don't like the idea of the one corner.

I don't like it at all.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger Miriam. said...

    Dude if I can ride in 24F icy assed weather to get to work, then you can too. Get a bike with knobby tires.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home