Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Dear Fast,

I know I said it just wasn't working out between us, that it was time for us to go our separate ways. Yes, we really did have something magical there, there were some great times, but being with you took so much time, was too expensive, and just took too much. Real life got in the way, you know. I had bills to pay, work to do.

But, lately, I've been thinking a lot about you. The frost seems to be over, I've felt the sun on my legs, and things I see around me keep reminding me of you -- every time I go up a hill without you, sun filtering through the trees, meandering along slowly in an easy gear, I think about the times we did this together, and how much better it was.

Back then, I told you didn't think we could just be friends. I was too into you, the way you made me feel, I didn't think we could just casually hang out from time to time without things just getting hard and confusing. Now, with some time to heal, I'm beginning to wonder if we couldn't make things work out.

Do you think maybe you'd like to get together sometime, you know, and see what happens? No commitments or anything, but, it might be fun.

What do you think?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Brooke Hoyer said...

    http://mandylozano.blogspot.com/2007/08/breakup.html

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger bikenerd said...

    I know just what you mean Arg - last year, Fast and I were hot and heavy. Never seen apart, our relationship the envy of my friends and teammates. But over the winter, we drifted apart. Now Fast doesn't return my calls. Even un-friended me on Facebook. But I've been thinking of riding by some places we used to ride together, that maybe Fast would be there, and we could start over. Nothing serious, maybe just be fast-buddies. Who knows?

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger Argentius said...

    I guess I'm not the only one to talk to his fast.

    Maybe Mandy's fast and mine went out or something. That's why it's so hard to find again...

     
  • At 7:59 AM , Blogger JosephinesMountain said...

    Nice post, bud. :)

    Rooting for you guys and I have no doubt you've got a new and clear perspective.

     
  • At 9:29 PM , Blogger Miriam. said...

    I too get frustrated when I cannot spend time with Fast. Shes a fickle bedfellow for sure. Some days she's here and some days she goes and does her own thing. It not only Fast I miss, I miss the ease at which Fast first came to me, but now the relationship takes so much work.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home