Tossing and Tortured 'Till Dawn

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Friday, August 14, 2009


Okay, not really.

But WHAT do you call this character: |

You know, just above ENTER, on US keyboards, anyway. SHIFT + BACKSLASH.

What is the name of that symbol? I use it in my day to day life, actually -- it performs a function in a work program, but I never know how to refer to it.

I once heard it called a "Pipe." I think. No, not that kind of pipe.

EDIT : I'm hearing that "Pipe" is acceptable, as is "Bar" or "vertical bar."



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home